Do you have a pitch or synopsis that you’d like to send to the sacrificial altar? Email it our way to email@example.com. You can also read more Pitch Slaps here.
- How to Knock a Reader Dead
- If it’s a Duck, it needs to Quack like a Duck
- When Characters Unite
- My Book is a Butterfly Unicorn
- When the Going Gets Rough…
- Down with the Apologies!
- It’s easy…just be awesome!
- Burning through the Synopsis Smoke Screen
- Selling the Story without the Blurb
- Building the Blurb, Setting the Story
- You only get 3 seconds to make a first impression.
- Blurbs and Navigating the Reader Infested Waters
- Dragons and the perks of being straightforward
- First Person Time Travel, and why it’s a bad thing in blurb-writing.
- Who am I pitching to? Readers, Reviewers, and Publishers…
- Writing that agent query.
- The book identity
- Playing chess with vampires, and other unfortunate encounters
- Readers read words, not minds.
- A book blurb is no place for world building.
- Amping up the details, like a boss.
Pingback: Pitch-slapped! « Madison Woods
Pingback: Enter The Coal Mine – a guest chirp from the Canary Review « Madison Woods
Pingback: Madison Woods – Things I used to do