We offer no-nonsense, honest feedback and editing services. If you would like to use our services, please contact us at ‘email@example.com’ or through our “Contact” form.
We offer substantive editing (also known as developmental editing and comprehensive editing) in which we offer feedback on content, organization, plot, and style.
It can be a struggle to condense a story into a couple short, succinct paragraphs of awesome; all sorts of feathery fluff ends up sticking out. We’ll take a look and provide suggestions and recommended edits.
Excerpts, Stand-alone Articles & Short Stories (pieces up to 10,000 words) and Full-Length Manuscripts:
- breakdown of overarching or emerging issues.
- reading analysis: characterization, setting development, and plot introduction.
- grammar, spelling, tone, etc: When doing substantive/content editing, we won’t be proofreading the text. But we will highlight issues, offer selected examples, and refer you to resources. For proofreading services, please scroll down.
- hook and reader appeal: Does the book engage the reader? Is the reader likely to continue reading? What kinds of readers (and in which age group and genre) will read on?
Query letters to publishers, agent and editors:
- We can work to help you out with this too, feathery friend.
For both excerpt and full manuscripts, we perform extensive proofreading for grammar, spelling, and consistency.
If you’d like to learn a little bit more about pricing or to get a sample, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.