The wonderful Audrey Writes Abroad launched this blog birthday tag to celebrate her blog year anniversary! Then Elizabelle tagged my buddy-read mischevian-in-crime Tash who tagged me, and so here we are. Happy Blogaversary, world!
- Say you’re a champion out loud.
- Write a post in which you answer the questions below. (You can change or add questions if you want to.)
- Tag as many blogging champions as you wish so we can all create a huge chain of Champ Happiness and enlighten everyone’s day and possibly prompt a full hour of perfect World Wide Peace.
- Link this page in your post so I can read everyone’s answers and know more about you!
How old is your blog?
As of me writing this, my blog is exactly this old:
What was your blog’s first words?
My first ever post and book review starts, rather ominously, “A novel of the Liaden Universe, the front cover says.”
This first post (later reposted here from Tumblr) was a review of the space opera read, A Conflict of Honors by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. Rather tellingly, it is a scathing one-star. It was closely followed by another review, titled, There’s a terrified reader down there.
While there have been a great number of five-stars, the dead canary hall of fame has included…
- When a good blurb leads to a dead canary
- Name of the Wind…ow
- Such a hot hot mess
- The only living werewolf girl in town
- The cover made me read it
What are you most proud about your blog?
I should probably say something about books and reading and literature, but five years. Five years. That’s like, half a lifespan of a domestic canary.
If you had to describe your blog in one picture what would it be?
What are your hopes for your blog’s future?
I wouldn’t mind another five years of amazing.
In what Hogwarts House would your blog be and why?
Ravenclaw, because that raven wishes it were a bright, yellow canary.